Aitutaki Day Tour
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nikao, Rarotonga
- Product code: ADT01
One unforgettable day
The Aitutaki Day Tour operates daily Mondays to Saturdays from Rarotonga, departing Rarotonga Airport at 8 am and returning by 5.30 pm.
Coach transfer from all major hotels and motels, as well as several pickup points along the main road, starting at 7:00 AM, in Rarotonga to Rarotonga International Airport is included for an 8 am departure to Aitutaki. The flight takes forty minutes on our Saab 340 pressurised airliner. Please only bring cabin sized baggage as the flight does not cater for checked bags. Sunscreen and other liquids larger than 100 ml are permitted on domestic flights.
On arrival at Aitutaki you will be taken on a one hour island tour of the main island of Aitutaki by 'le truck'. Then it's on to the highlight of the day – The Vaka Cruise aboard the 21 metre Vaka (catamaran) Titi-ai-Tonga.
The vaka has comfortable covered seating as well as deck sun loungers. Access is easily negotiated for people with physical challenges including those in wheelchairs.
There is time for snorkeling and swimming before stopping for a tasty barbecue lunch, cooked right on board. Anyone who has not snorkeled before will find our tour guides happy to help you to experience the wonder of the lagoons underwater world. It's not that hard and after a short lesson most people will find snorkeling easy.
The cruise stops at several motu (small islets) including One Foot Island, before passing by Akaiami, once a stopover for huge TEAL (Tasman Empire Airways Limited) Shorts Solent flying boats en route from Fiji to Tahiti on the famous weekly Coral Route.
Included in the tour price of NZ$ 493 per person:
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel or accommodation on Rarotonga
- Domestic flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki and back to Rarotonga with 7kg cabin baggage allowance only - please note you CAN bring bottles of liquids and gels larger than 100ml (sunscreen)
- Aitutaki Island Tour taking in the main island of Aitutaki
- The Vaka Lagoon Cruise with stops on several islands in the lagoon
- Snorkeling equipment and towels
- Barbecued lunch buffet, tea, coffee, and water
What should you bring?
- Sun Protection: eco-friendly / reef safe sunscreen (tubs and bottles larger than 100ml are allowed on our domestic flights)
- Light change of clothes
- Camera and portable charger for your phone (it is a photographer's paradise)
Don't know where you are staying on Rarotonga yet?
If you have not yet booked your accommodation on Rarotonga from where you wish to be picked up and you wish to book the Day tour months in advance please either select a pick up location in the general area where you plan to stay or consider booking the day tour after you booked your accommodation.
Have your own vehicle?
If for any reason you wish to join the Aitutaki Day Tour at Rarotonga Airport please be at the check in counter no later than 7:30 am. If you are joining from an International flight arriving earlier in the morning please allow sufficient time for transit.
Staying on Aitutaki?
This tour exclusively caters to customers who wish to take a day trip from Rarotonga, returning on the same day. If you already have flights to Aitutaki you can join the Vaka Cruise departing Ootu wharf on Aitutaki by booking the Vaka Cruise. If you want to join the cruise from Aitutaki, please click here to book the Vaka Cruise at NZ$125 per adult and NZ$62.50 per child.